Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Apathy with Sequester Issue

The news is focusing on the "sequester" possibility with our federal spending, when automatic drastic cuts with take place  across the board if an agreement cannot be reach by the rapidly approaching deadline between the President and Congress.  I know that this is something about which I should probably have a strong opinion to express on this blog, but instead all I can feel in this regard is a kind of numbed apathy.  Still, my instincts and discernment of the situation lead me to side with President Obama and the Democratic-led Senate against the Republican "controlled" House of Representatives.  I say "controlled" because this body seems out of control to me, with House Speaker John Boehner utterly incapable of convincing his own caucus to back any deal that he might reach with Obama.  Then the dude gets on TV and instead insults the President and the Democrats, as if that will accomplish anything constructive!  Personally, I think he should just resign from his leadership post since he has shown nothing resembling leadership.  Let another conservative get in there to try to work something out. Somebody who can actually behave like a leader instead of a whining crybaby!

No, I'm not even keeping up with how many days are left before the cuts kick in automatically.  But whatever happens, I'm sure that the two sides will put their own spins on it, complete with mutually contradicting alternative realities and "facts" with their eyes primarily focused on winning the next congressional election in 2014, not working together to solve the nation's problems.

Are you as sick of all this crap as I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment