Having recently expressed how little I want to participate in public running races, I may have to backtrack on that a bit as I consider entering a 15K (9.3 miles) race on the 26th of this month. It's the Newnan's Lake 15K, which takes place around...Newnan's Lake, a relatively large lake due east of Gainesville. The scenery there is reportedly very pretty, so maybe I'll get to run in a race that is pleasing to my eyes for a change. I just completed a pretty easy eight-mile run yesterday, so tacking on an extra mile or so doesn't seem like anything that should cause me problems. Since I'm not going to run in any half-marathons for a while, this race may be one of the last chances I have this year to run a race of reasonable distance (instead of those overcrowded, too-short 5K events). Maybe I'll take along my digital camera for this one as I play the role of "running tourist".
I would like someday to go back to half-marathons, and think that this will eventually come to fruition. The FivePoints half-marathon here in Gainesville will take place at a time that I'll be out of town, anyway (mid-February), so any question of my participation in it is a moot point, anyway. But next year? We'll see...