This year I skipped Gainesville's Tom Walker Half-Marathon, which took place earlier this morning. I ran it last year and enjoyed it, setting a personal record for half-marathons. The race takes place on the Hawthorne Trail, southeast of Gainesville. But next Saturday morning, the Season of Hope 15K (9.3 miles) will be held at the same location. This distance, which would be a challenge, is still in my range of allowable distances, albeit on the far end. Should I sign up and run it?
Since I am passing up on half-marathons for the foreseeable future, this type of event might represent a good substitute choice. Still, it was such a grind getting up early in the morning this past Thanksgiving just to run that 10K race! Is my memory beginning to erode on me?
Well, the registration deadline is December 6, so I have some time to mull it over. I think I could handle the distance, even though I haven't covered nine miles in several months. In the meantime, I'll continue to train on the same level I have been...