Last night, while I was at work, New York City's mayor Michael Bloomberg finally came to his senses and cancelled the New York City Marathon that was going to take place this Sunday. It would have been a strange sight, with many locals cut off with no transportation and needing food and water...while thousands of runners pour in to the town, accompanied by volunteers helping them (not the people living around in dire need). I guess they couldn't just postpone the event to another day, but to cancel or postpone it was obviously the way to go. Why it took this long for the mayor to "get it" is beyond me.
They are still holding pro basketball and football games in the area. I question this as well, but that doesn't make the marathon a good idea at this time...
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment