Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Voted: It is Done

At about nine this morning, I cast my ballot for president and the other assorted races and issues.  So as far as I'm concerned, it's done.  I only had to wait about an hour in line; had I come in a little later--say eleven--the wait would probably have been a lot shorter.  Still, no complaints here as I'm sure others either having to vote late in the afternoon/early evening or who live in less voter-friendly precincts will have experienced some tedious, especially long waits before the day is done. 

Like I said, as far as I'm concerned, it's done.  I am not going to get emotionally involved over the returns tonight, along with the accompanying mind-numbing analysis.  I've even entertained the notion of trying to see how long I can remain ignorant of the results!  Maybe my candidate will win, maybe not.  But I do know one thing: even though the election results will no doubt effect my life down the road, for better or for worse, how I personally choose to live each day will have a much greater impact on my future and that of my family than whether "Goofus" or "Gallant" gets in there...