Today I went down to Orlando with Melissa as she prepared for an upcoming assignment at UCF in the pursuit of her Master's Degree. That order of business went well and quickly, and we found ourselves with some free time. So we drove over to Daytona Beach to spend the rest of the day and night. We stopped off for lunch at a place next to the Intracoastal Waterway in Port Orange called Aunt Catfish. Naturally, we had to try the catfish...all of their food and service was excellent, as well as their prices. Definitely worth a return visit on a later trip. Then we went on to find a hotel room, which we did without too much difficulty. The beach was half-empty, so were the hotels; still, prices were often exorbitantly high. Haven't they ever heard about the economic law of supply and demand? We did find a place with a good overnight price and settled in. The rest of today went well, and we had a good time. But I realized as the night wore on that I hadn't gotten in my running for the day. So at about 10:30, I went out on the beach and ran for 11 minutes, wearing a cap with a small flashlight embedded in the visor to light up the darkness directly ahead of me. Not long, but it's a run nonetheless. My main concern was avoiding all the "shadow people" creeping around me along the way...
We'll be heading back home tomorrow. I am a creature of routine, but this little trip was quite a welcome break anyway.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment