Sunday, August 12, 2012

Not Using New Workout Gym Much Yet

After switching my family over to Gainesville Health and Fitness Center, I had curiously discovered a role reversal of sorts.  It seems that my daughter, who used the previous location little, now trains with great devotion and regularity there.  And my wife, who rarely "worked out", also attends GHFC often.  But the funny thing is that I have yet to go there on my own, as was the case many times with that "other place". Then again, the only kind of training I'm doing lately is running, and for the most part the streets of my neighborhood suffice for this purpose (even though the hot, sticky weather hasn't exactly been cooperating).  So today...

My daughter gets a ride and works out at GHFC with a friend for several hours.  Then, after shopping, my wife and I show up there.  She walks on the treadmill and I...just sit in a deep, cushioned chair and read...and drink coffee.  The irony of it all impressed me, especially when, after we got home, I changed clothes and went running around my neighborhood (in the hot and sticky weather, of course).  So what I am planning to do in a few minutes should be a breakthrough of sorts: I am about to return to my newly adopted workout center, this time by myself, and run some more, this time on a treadmill in the air conditioning.  And watch some TV in the process...

I do miss my old treadmill provider, which was only a mile down the road from my house.  But then again, I can use this new place any time I want, as it is a 24-hour/day operation.  So Sunday night at the gym looks to be pretty cool...

(Later in the evening)...I had a good run on the treadmill, covering 3.1 miles on it.  On the way to the gym, I had stopped off at a Starbucks, read a little, and wrote the top part of this article.  I suppose that it will be more likely for me to use GHFC if I combine the trip with other chores or use it as a convenient stop-off point when I am driving across town.

No comments:

Post a Comment