Saturday, August 18, 2012

More About My Running of Late

I don't know whether this is a good thing or not, but lately, when I go out for a run in my neighborhood, I disregard the humidity level.  To be sure, I haven't been running the same distances that I had in the past.  But I regularly now run in conditions of 80+...even 90+ humidity, something that I had carefully avoided previously. 

High humidity, coupled with heat, prevents the body from perspiring, which can cause heat stroke.  Not good.  Still, the temperatures are usually around 73-80 when I run, so it's not exactly sweltering. 

The fact that I have been splitting my days up into two runs has released me a lot from my dependence on the weather.  If conditions outside are poor (or I am just pressured for time), I can make up my distance later at the 24-hour gym down the road.  So I'm less likely to push myself too hard under adverse weather.

Ultimately, I would like to get my total running distance increased to a 150 mile/month level.  I can do this with twice-a-day runs, each one at a modest mileage...

No comments:

Post a Comment