Friday, August 10, 2012
Look East in Sky Just Before Sunrise
A few months ago I wrote about how beautiful the evening sky was in the west, immediately after sunset, with the (projected) proximity of the moon, Jupiter, and Venus. It was a sight to behold. Well, the mirror effect is now going on in the east just before sunrise, and with the same celestial players. This morning Venus was close to the horizon with Jupiter up from it and the waning crescent phase of the moon a little higher. In the next couple of days we'll see the moon "shrinking" and approaching Venus' position. Should be fun to watch, as I have recently gotten into the habit of going outdoors at this time to pick up my newspaper. After all, I want to get a head start on the puzzles contained within...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment