Friday, June 15, 2012

My Running Pace Increasingly Consistent

I have had some interesting experiences lately with my running and pacing.  A few days ago I ran my currently "regular" 3.34 mile course around my neighborhood at a good, steady pace and finished with a time of 29:05.  Then this past Monday I ran it again, with a time of... 29:05.  The next day I repeated the performance, down to the second.  On none of these days was I trying to make the finishing times the same.  The weather was different during each of them, not to mention how I was physically feeling.  It's just that I have apparently developed a very keen, consistent pacing instinct.  However...

Wednesday I ran it again, finishing off two seconds at 29:03.  And then yesterday I was even faster at 28:58.  So it's not always the same.  Today was different in that I ran a modified 3.83 mile course.

Consistency is more important of a factor in my running to me than fast times, so I take my training results as a very positive indicator of my progress.  I am at the halfway point of the month of June and am on pace to once again surpass the 100-mile mark, having amassed 54.55 miles so far, while running every day (my streak now stands at 46 straight days of running).  I have been able to keep my total mileage up mainly by running reasonable distances consistently, not by setting any personal distance records.  I think I'm on the right track with this strategy...

No comments:

Post a Comment