Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Looking for New Blogs to Follow

It is getting more difficult, it seems, for me to find interesting blogs worth following.  I like the personal touch in a blog, without the pretentious overblown graphics and design.  And I don't care at all for photo album blogs.  I want writing that expresses the writer's opinions about various topics, along with an appropriate window into their lives.  In other words, I want to read blogs like mine!  Apparently, though, these blogs are too few and far between.  I think that potential writers of this genre have largely gone over to the Facebook monstrosity.  Facebook, in my opinion, homogenizes humanity, taking away people's individuality and putting their lives into a formula that must be adhered to in order to "fit".  Keep your Facebook, sheep!

Instead, I am going to seriously use a Blogger feature that I have been neglecting lately: the Reader.  I have only two blogs left that I follow on it, and one, well...I think the author may have decided to move on to other things in his life.  The other one is usually only updated on the average about once of month.  So I guess I had better set out to find some interesting, currently updated blogs that aren't trying to shock and awe me with their "perfection". Then I'll pick out the best of them and stick them on Reader.  But Facebook?  No way...

No comments:

Post a Comment