Another month has come and gone, and once again I am happy to report success in my running training. I attained my 100-mile-per-month goal with a total of 109.1 miles. Also, I ran on every day in June, extending my personal record consecutive running day streak to 61. My longest run was 6.2 miles. But the hallmark for this month was my consistency, with distances within the range of 3.3 to 4.3 miles accounting for 24 of the 30 days. And I seem to doing fine with that regimen.
As expected for this time of the year, the weather is definitely turning hotter. Still, I am managing to get my runs in while the temperature is below 90. But in July, that might be problematic, unless I stick with indoor treadmill running or run earlier in the morning when the temperature is lower but the humidity is much, much higher. On the other hand, since I don't plan to attempt outdoor runs longer than five miles, the hot weather shouldn't present much of a problem as long as the air is relatively dry.
I did sign up to run (not race) in the local Melon Run in July 4, so I'll just go out there and treat my participation as a three-mile training run for that day. Who knows, maybe later that afternoon, being off from work, I might run a couple of laps around the block in my home neighborhood as well...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment