Just when it looked as if northern Florida would finally follow the examples of other regions of the world at our latitude (like western Mexico and northern Africa) and transform itself into a barren desert, it finally rained a bit this afternoon and evening. Whew, I was getting a little worried there. Of course, that was only for a couple of hours...we'll need a lot more than that to get out of our drought. And also, even deserts experience some precipitation every now and then. I'd like to see a pattern to this rainfall before switching the focus of my "weather" writings to complaining about the excessive rain! Well, the forecasts for the next couple of days do include some rain...but how much?
Speaking of the rain, I was tickled again when I walked out of Publix this afternoon and discovered that it was raining (finally). I wasn't amused at the rain, you see, but rather at the line of intimidated customers massed together under shelter, afraid to get a little wet walking the short distance to their vehicles in the parking lot. For me, I (smilingly) stepped straight out into it, getting a little soaked but none the worse for wear...
Monday, May 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment