Saturday, April 28, 2012

2012 NBA Playoffs Start Toady

Today, the National Basketball Association playoffs begin and every series looks to be competitive and interesting, even those pairing up the disparate #1 and #8 seeds.  It’s sad that everyone acts as if they are somehow entitled to play for and win the NBA championship, which is actually a very high honor.  Not to attain it and whine about it is tantamount to poor sportsmanship, in my opinion.  Still, you keep hearing about all these players in mid- or late-career supposedly concerned that they won’t win one.  Boo, hoo…
As I did for the “Sweet Sixteen” college teams during the NCAA Division One championship tournament, I am taking the NBA’s “sweet sixteen” and ranking them by how I like them.  This time, though, I believe that the seeding is more accurately reflective of each team’s prospects for advancing.  So instead, following each personal preference entry I will include that team’s seeding within their conference, followed by that conference (e for East, w for West).  Here goes…

1-San Antonio Spurs  [1w] 
2-Dallas Mavericks [7w] 
3-Boston Celtics [4e] 
4-Chicago Bulls [1e] 
5-Miami Heat [2e] 
6-Orlando Magic [6e] 
7-Los Angeles Clippers [5w] 
8-Atlanta Hawks [5e] 
9-New York Knicks [7e] 
10-Denver Nuggets [6w] 
11-Utah Jazz [7w] 
12-Memphis Grizzlies [4w] 
13-Philadelphia 76ers [8e] 
14-Indiana Pacers [3e] 
15-Oklahoma City Thunder [2w] 
16 Los Angeles Lakers [3w]

Now just because I have a team relatively lower in my preference list (eg Indiana), that doesn’t mean that I dislike it.  I just happen to like others more.  The only exceptions are Oklahoma City and the Lakers (especially the Lakers)…

No comments:

Post a Comment