Happy Casimir Pulaski Day...other than that, there's not a lot for me to report on for this March 1. Things are generally going well with me, how about you? I'll be getting a week's vacation in a couple of days, although I don't have anything special planned. But sometimes just having some time off from work is just the right prescription, giving opportunities for rest and some catch-up work around the home...
Let's see, what am I reading nowadays? I just finished mystery writer Susan Grafton's J is for Justice novel; it has a pretty nifty ending, I must say. Now I'm starting on the late Michael Crichton's Sphere, having deliberately avoided the movie. I hardly ever read the book version of a movie after I've watched it, although I am always watching movies based on books I have previously read. The only exception I know to this was with Arthur C. Clarke/Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey, when I read the book after seeing the movie. But then again, this was a unusual case of a book written based on the movie! I am also gradually getting through what is shaping up to be an excellent novel by Stephen King: 11/22/63. I haven't yet reached the halfway point, though...
I am planning to continue my running until someone with medical authority in the matter flat-out prohibits it. Today I did a short run of 3.24 miles. I'll be running a short distance tomorrow since I'm driving to Jacksonville and back in the morning. I plan to keep up my distance running as I instinctively feel that it definitely contributes to my overall good health. I also want to go back to swimming like I did last year...
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment