Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Personal Moratorium on Running Races

I have been doing a bit of serious soul-searching regarding my running and have made some decisions. For one, I am going to avoid long-distance races (actually, races of any distance) until certain medical issues are satisfactorily resolved (which, in a peculiar sort of way, may take quite a while, even years, if things go well for me). In the meantime, I'll save the steep race entry fees and just continue running for free around my neighborhood. I will run 5 miles on alternate days, with the other days running about 2 to 3 miles. I do have a mileage goal: break 100 miles per month. I ran about 106 miles in January. So far in February, I am projected to cover around 120.

Who knows how things will turn in the future with the races out there. For now, though, I am enacting a personal moratorium on them. I would like, though, in the near future, to list and review on this blog the various races I participated in since 2008.

I may consider changing my running courses around in the future to other locations around Gainesville and vicinity in order to make it more interesting. But I'll never be able to beat the convenience of just stepping out of my front door and getting my running done in my own home neighborhood, occasional stray yapping dogs notwithstanding...

No comments:

Post a Comment