Monday, January 30, 2012

Super Bowl Approaching, Pro Bowl Happily Past

So once again we will see the New York Giants squaring off against the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl. Four years after the last one, won by NY with a last minute touchdown pass, the teams have a lot of different players. However, their quarterbacks Eli Manning and Tom Brady, along with their head coaches Tom Coughlin and Bill Belichick, are back.

As I earlier had written, of the twelve teams making this season's National Football League playoffs, the Giants were my favorite while the Patriots were my least favorite. So there's no wavering on my part as to which team I'll be pulling for: New York!

Actually, it's kind of sad about New England and me: the only reason I don't support them is that they are divisional rivals to my Miami Dolphins. Otherwise, I probably would have been "on their side" because of the smart and cohesive way this team has consistently played their games over the past eleven years.

The Super Bowl will be played next Sunday. Yesterday we were subjected to the all-star Pro Bowl, a complete joke to watch with its special rules designed to protect the players from injuries (e.g. no blitzing allowed). So the offensive players get to look like the heroes while the defensive players get to look like goats as the touchdowns accumulate, making this annual fiasco's final scores look more like basketball scores than football. If I were an NFL defensive player, I would take "offense" at this...

No comments:

Post a Comment