Friday, December 23, 2011

Unseasonably Hot December Weather

Last year, on Christmas Day 2010, I was a bit bummed out at the unseasonably warm weather: 70 degrees in mid-afternoon with high humidity. Today, a couple of days from Christmas, it's mid-afternoon (at this writing) and 80! The really sad thing is that this has been the typical weather pattern here in northern Florida during December so far: cooler temperatures have been the glaring exception. Maybe in some mythical place like South Park, Colorado, where even Al Gore is distracted from his pet issue of global warning in favor of another pursuit, the weather is bearable. But not around here, no-sir-ee...

The deciduous trees around my neighborhood have shed their leaves and gone into their own "flora" state of hibernation for the winter. If they only knew...meanwhile, weeds are sprouting up everywhere and growing with reckless abandon. My seasonal allergies are beginning to resurface as well. The grass in my yard has been growing, making an unplanned (and undesired) lawn mowing session necessary in the near future. And there seems to be no relief in immediate sight to the heat...

Melissa mentioned to me that she heard the weather in January and February will be much colder. I would just like chilly, moderately cold temperatures. But instead I'm either suffocating in the warmth or freezing, similar to that old classic Twilight Zone episode The Midnight Sun.

Still, I guess I shouldn't complain. After all, hot as it is, I am still getting a kind of reprieve from the stifling summer weather. Or should I more accurately say, from the stifling spring, summer and fall weather...

Where's Al Gore in the midst of all this? Dude, don't leave us in our hour of need! Stop chasing after that dangblasted ManBearPig, get off that cartoon show, and get back to cooling our planet back down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment