A couple of days ago, I was watching CNN and saw a news story that I had some trouble believing. But no, it had to be true: British intelligence was holding an online contest to see who could decipher a difficult code on their website. Those with winning solutions received a prize: a job interview to become a career spy for the Crown!
So let's suppose that I am from any nation on Earth besides Great Britain. That most likely means that my country has its own intelligence/spy network at work and would love to infiltrate Britain's network, even if we were allies. So my country, most probably with more advanced technology and methods of cracking codes than do ordinary, individual citizens, solves the puzzle and has one of its agents stationed within Britain submit the winning solution. Presto, a mole served to order!
But wait, maybe that's what the smart guys in British intelligence are thinking and they are using this "contest" to filter out potential double agents. But...
Maybe those countries who would use this contest to plant moles see through this and will deliberately use people who can give misinformation to the British. But then again...
Maybe the British know that those countries will do this and they want to throw them off the trail of their real intelligence schemes...
Well, I suppose this could go on indefinitely. But I think I've already cracked their online code. You see, I have my own source of code deciphering material, delivered by a mysterious short, bespectacled operator going by the tag "Ralphie".
The solution is: "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!"
O.K. Brits, I'm ready: sign me up!
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment