Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Unseasonably Hot and Humid Weather

I am beside myself at the sorry weather we're experiencing here in the middle of November in north-central Florida. After the cold morning (32 degrees) on Saturday when I suffered at the beginning of my half-marathon race, the temperatures rapidly surged upward until we are now left with lows in the 60's and highs in the 80's. And the humidity? Earlier today around 11 am, the humidity, normally dissipated by that time of the morning, still stood at an oppressive 87%. So instead of running outdoors, I felt the need to run inside on the treadmill. And tonight while driving home, I marveled at the combination of the warmth and a very, very thick fog.

I don't see any relief in sight from this horrible weather. I guess the only way it's going to get cold again is for me to sign up for another running race...

No comments:

Post a Comment