Friday, November 11, 2011

My Half-Marathon Tomorrow Morning

Tomorrow morning I will be running in Gainesville's Tom Walker Memorial Half Marathon for the second consecutive year. Last year I ran without employing my customary run-walk method, going nonstop for the 13.1 mile distance. I was also training for a marathon race then, so this race was a "way-stop" for me, so to speak. Now, it's a little bit different. For one, the half-marathon is my chosen full-length race for the present and future. For another, I fully plan to do my usual "run six minutes, walk one minute" routine throughout the run. But like last year, I am going about it will little concern for my time and finish. My practice pace is my race pace, pure and simple.

In training for it, for more than the past two weeks I have been alternating my days between long runs and very short ones. Today, though, I deliberately broke my string of 16-straight running days to rest my body for tomorrow.

It looks as if the weather will be dipping down to almost unbearable cold, just for my race. This is the fourth straight race of half-marathon length or more that it has done this for (or to) me. So far the prognosticators have the temperature dropping to around 37. Let's see how low it really goes.

Well, I had better post this, sign off, and review the location of the park where the race begins and ends. I haven't been there since the last one..

No comments:

Post a Comment