Sunday, November 6, 2011

More Sports Stuff, Spectator and Personal

A lot of sports stuff has been going on lately, both personal and in the spectator "zone". So please forgive my continual focus on this area. But facts are facts: some pretty cool things have been happening (depending on whom you're rooting for, I suppose)...

Spectator-wise, the main thing is that my Miami Dolphins finally pulled off their first victory this year, thoroughly blowing away Kansas City on the road today 31-3. Phew, I thought for a while that they were just going to write off the rest of the season. Now they're worth following again...

Also, LSU defeated Alabama yesterday in college football, just as I had wanted. Not that I care one bit for the victors: I just enjoyed seeing Alabama get their comeuppance.

And oh yes, baseball's World Series is finally over and we have a champion for 2011. Now if I can just remember who was playing...

On a personal level, I have decided, after successful runs of 8.5, 10, 7.18, and 7.18 miles this past week, to enter this coming Saturday's Tom Walker Memorial Half-Marathon here in Gainesville. Yes, it's been a while since I ran 13.1 miles. But in each of the aforementioned runs, I felt strong toward the end and am confident that, while running the few extra miles needed to complete a half-marathon may be a challenge, it is still very attainable. Anyway, I've done it before many, many times...

No comments:

Post a Comment