This is a post that I would expect to encounter on somebody's Facebook page. I have spent most of today clearing and cleaning out my garage, where my ancient hot water heater sprang a leak and flooded the floor. Tomorrow morning it will be replaced, but before that happens I had to clear the area of all the stacked up junk that has been accumulating. It hasn't been much fun, but hopefully the end result will be an uncluttered garage that I will do a better job maintaining in the future.
Unfortunately, this room has traditionally been the "room of requirement" (if you ever read or watched Harry Potter) where people in my family have habitually put stuff that they didn't want to throw away but also didn't want to keep in the main part of the house. In other words, we tend to hoard. So keeping this area from deteriorating again will require a concerted team effort from all, with me probably having to be hawkish with the others about piling things up there...
My new slogan: THROWING AWAY IS O.K.!
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment