Monday, April 4, 2011

Positive Negative Experience

Sometimes when I get up early in the day, I get a little tired in the afternoon. If I find myself in a stressful situation, that fatigue can contribute to anxiety and possible resulting bad decisions on my part. Case in point: today I got up a little after 6 AM. This afternoon, instead of taking a good, long nap I went shopping in a very congested part of town, in a very crowded store that wasn't being managed very well. Driving home I realized that I wasn't going to have the opportunity to rest anytime soon, so I reacted to the stress by going to the nearby Dunkin' Donuts and blowing some of my money on a coffee and a couple of doughnuts. Doughnuts are just about the last thing I need to be eating, for various reasons. But I happen to be one of those poor souls who tend to react to stress and fatigue by eating sweets, and here I was doing just that. I rationalized my action by taking stuff inside Dunkin' Donuts to study while I stuffed my face. But once inside, I had no peace: the entire miserable time was taken up with noisy workers, noisy customers, and noisy customers' even noisier screaming kids. A-A-A-G-H!!!

I ate my two doughnuts (which didn't taste all that good either) and left feeling angry. Now separated from that negative experience for a few hours, I have changed my interpretation of it all; I am glad that it went bad for me, since this will help me to change my bad habit of stressful eating. Also...

It also gave me something to write about on this blog today besides that evil, very disturbed individual and his supporting cast of nonentity sycophant idiots who knowingly caused the deaths of several people overseas with their book burning party...in my own home town. Way to go, A.H.'s!

No comments:

Post a Comment