Today I was more encouraged than ever about my recovery from the running injury to my right leg that hit me three months ago. This time I ran 7.18 miles around my neighborhood, experiencing no pain in the previously injured area just below my right knee. Now I am beginning to return to my running "comfort zone", having workouts of distances substantial enough to have the positive effects on my mind and body that I enjoyed so much last year. Never mind that the temperatures during the run were warm (78-81 degrees) or that I was tired and sweaty afterwards: this was a great triumph for me!
The 7.18 mile distance is the longest I have run pain-free since January 15, when I ran 26.6 miles. My time on today's run was typical for me, reflecting my habitual running pace: 1:08:04.
My ultimate goals with running are twofold:
(1) Return to a regimen of runs 3-4 times per week, with the distances ranging from 7 to 14 miles per run.
(2) Participate in half-marathons (13.1 miles) from now on (or in shorter-distance events).
And of course, as mentioned before, I also want to make swimming co-equal with running as an athletic activity. But if you read yesterday's article, you can see that I still have a long way to go before this is achieved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment