I'm enjoying the National Basketball Association playoffs this year immensely. There have been some unexpectedly close games and some upsets as well. New York-Boston, Indiana-Chicago, Atlanta-Orlando, Philadelphia-Miami, Los Angeles-New Orleans, San Antonio-Memphis, Denver-Oklahoma City, and Dallas-Portland (the game I am currently watching) have all had competitive, interesting games (well, except for the latest Philadelphia-Miami game). The favorites have usually won, but even then the games have generally been tense and close, going down to the final minute in most cases.
I love this time of the year. NBA playoffs are a great source of entertainment for me. It's funny seeing how some players get traded from one team to another but somehow seem to be in the playoff picture every year!
This year I like Boston in the Eastern Conference and San Antonio in the West. The teams I am absolutely opposed to are Miami in the East and Oklahoma City in the West. My aversion to the Oklahoma City Thunder is probably irrational as I had always liked the franchise's previous location and name: the Seattle Supersonics. Oh well, at least they had enough sense to change the nickname when they moved, unlike the ridiculous Utah Jazz (formerly of New Orleans) and the even more ridiculous Memphis Grizzlies (formerly of Vancouver).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment