My running has picked up since the start of the new year. On Sunday I ran 13.77 miles and yesterday I covered 16.12 miles. Yesterday's run was encouraging in that I did well despite the humidity and had plenty of energy still left at the end. It was time constraints that kept me from seeing how far I could go.
The last two "long" runs I've done (Christmas' 20.68 and yesterday's 16.12) were originally planned to be around 10-13 miles each. But I allowed myself at various points of each run to extend the course here and there according to how I felt at the time. I feel that this is good mental training for the upcoming marathon I plan to enter. My body is probably already as prepared as it will be to run the marathon. Now it's up to me to train my mind to withstand the fatigue, aches, and "wall" that hits during those long runs when 20 miles is passed.
I've also extended my course to go far west of where I live. By doing so, I am committing myself to a long run, placing pressure on my mind to help get me through on often a tough day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment