Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Head in the Clouds

It seems as if lately there have been a multitude of problems besieging my little family. The flooring in our house had to be partially redone, our thirteen-year-old dog was suddenly sick and needed to be seen by the veterinarian, assorted health, work, school, and social issues have confronted us to varying degrees, and the weather...yes, that pretty much sucked, too, with it either being too hot, too cold, too humid, too foggy, too windy,...you get the picture.

As a matter of fact, regarding the weather, I tend to sometimes have my "head in the clouds". For example, my wife earlier today told me "When it rains, it pours", in obvious reference to our little pile of problems. To which I gave an answer that Mr. Spock might have said: "Yes, I agree! It seems I'm always waiting for the rain to stop, but it keeps going on in spite of what the forecast says." And to which the family members present (wife and daughter) erupted into howls of laughter.

I suppose I could have later claimed to have made my ridiculous remark with the deliberate aim of lifting everyone's spirits. Well, no, not really, but it worked out that way anyway...my family knows perfectly well what a nut I am about the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment