As January 23, the date of the Ocala Marathon, draws nearer and nearer, I find myself still unregistered for it. The reason is simple: I don't want to spend a lot of money registering for a race that I end up not running in. I decided to see how I do on my long run Saturday. Then, in all likelihood I'll sign up and show up for the race, ready or not to complete a grueling 26.2 mile run.
I feel better this week after my runs of Tuesday and earlier today. Unlike with Sunday's run, the day before which I hardly ate anything and miraculously still managed to run 20.75 miles, I had eaten quite well the nights before these two runs (of 8.1 and 13.77 miles). I had enormous energy reserves and cruised through each workout. Tomorrow night I have my plan in place: during my lunch break at work, I am going to eat an entire Little Caesar's large pizza. After work, I'll shovel in some more food. Then we'll see what happens the next day. I predict a new personal distance record.
If it turns out on January 23 that I am not up to a 26.2 mile run, then I'll just walk as much as I have to in order to complete the distance. I just hope it doesn't rain. But then again, I suppose the unpredictable weather is an integral part of the suspense leading up to the race. I wonder whether the Ocala newspaper (whatever it's called) will print the race results the following day.
The Ocala Marathon has its own website showing a map of the race course as well as giving instructions to pick up the necessary racing packet at a local hotel on Saturday, January 22. After I pick up my racing packet, I plan to trace out the course in my car so that it won't be a complete mystery come race day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment