Today I ran 14.03 miles (time span: 2:12:31), marking a change in my training pattern. For the previous eight workouts, I had run between ten and eleven miles apiece. I had established ten as the base mileage for a run. Now, as the time for running a marathon nears, I am raising the bar and establishing fourteen as my base mileage. I have a great course to run, and all I have to do is just step outside of my house...and return after 14+ miles! Today I could have run much further, with temperatures in the upper forties and the humidity dipping to 22%. But alas, I do have a life, and with that life there are time limits to what I can do. But 14 miles rocks!
I read that Mr. John Wallace, the sexagenarian marathoner with his Maddog Marathon site, recently ran the Space Coast Marathon in Cocoa. I wonder what his future Florida marathon plans are. If I ever run into the dude, I'd like to shake his hand! He is an inspiration, although I think I would be wiser to listen to his advice about generating personal wealth than about running marathons! Wallace likes to refer to fellow competitors he thinks might be in his age category as "old farts". I'd be sure to let him know that, all visual evidence to the contrary, this "old fart" isn't in his age group!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment