Saturday, November 20, 2010

Blog to Stay Active

Well, I was going to lay this blog aside and explore other areas on the Internet, but my friend Barry from New York sent me an encouraging e-mail, convincing me to ride out this period I'm undergoing of aversion to writing. After all, I look at most of the other blogs individuals publish and see huge gaps in their entries, some even spanning months. So I canceled that last entry and am keeping things active here. After all, I can determine how much I want to write and how often according to my standards.

Barry, I do appreciate your kind input and your friendship going back into the 1960s. I would like to increase readership and get a diversity of commentary on it. Perhaps I need to advertise this blog on my Facebook page, which I have rarely ever used.

3 comments:

  1. Do you keep track of your blog subscriber statistics? I don't say much, but I still read what you write and enjoy it. I imagine there are others like me out there.

    Speaking of blog hiatuses (hiati?) I haven't written on my blog in many months ... toying with the idea of bringing it back in 2011 when my life hopefully gets less chaotic. :) Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "hiati". But, then, I like silly, faux plurals.

    Many of the visits to my blog come from Google searches. It's interesting to see the search terms that people used to get there. Anyway, it seems that people find it from some Google search, and some like it and stay.

    Bill, if you want to know how to set things up to track visitors and search hits and such, let me know and I can help you with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I successfully got a tracker set up; I'll see how that plays out.

    ReplyDelete