Monday, November 15, 2010
16.9 Mile Training Run Today
Earlier today I ran 16.9 miles as I continue to prepare for some uncertain marathon race in the not-so-distant future. My time was 2:39:52. The temperature went from 63 to 77 during the workout, while the humidity dropped from 73 to 43%. Not excruciating conditions, to be sure, but also not conducive for me running up to a marathon distance (26.2 miles) either. Still, I came out of the run feeling better than after recent ones, and the run itself went smoothly. I could have even gone a few miles further, but it seems that there is always an externally-imposed time-ceiling limiting my runs. Something is always coming up that I have to deal with, and this demands that I limit my running even when I want to go further. Frankly, even if the weather was perfect for a long run, I don't know how I would be able to swing it. This leaves me with the feeling of being a bit harassed, and I resent it. Still, I keep plugging away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment