In another "step" toward my goal of covering the marathon distance of 26.2 miles, I set out at 9:30 AM to see how far I could run. The temperature was 52 and the humidity 82%. I felt kind of crappy at the beginning, but thought that this feeling would shake off once I got into my running groove. Unfortunately, that groove never came, and the entire run was a struggle for me against fatigue and soreness. I had beforehand allotted myself enough time to cover the marathon today, but as it turned out I just couldn't go on past my 18.39 miles. My time was 2:59:04. The temperature at the end of the three hours had risen 27 degrees to 79 and the humidity plummeted to 32%.
18.39 miles still surpasses my previous mark of 17.71, set just a few days ago. I'm wondering if my use of the no-calorie drink Powerade Zero hampered me in today's workout. I think I'll switch to Gatorade for my next long run, which will take place at least a week from now. I may just be needing an energy infusion while I'm running. By the way, this is how I classify my running distances:
Long: 15 miles or greater
Medium: 10-14.99 miles
Short: 5-9.99 miles
Tiny: 3-4.99 miles
Why Even Bother: Less than 3 miles
Quite a change from a year ago!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment