Monday, October 11, 2010

15.56 Mile "Hot" Run

Today the temperatures shot back up to near-record summertime levels as I attempted yet another long training run. I managed to cover 15.56 miles, which is my third longest distance ever. My time was 2:30:13. Considering that the temperature had climbed up to 85 degrees by the run's end (with about 45% humidity), I was pretty satisfied with that distance. I had wanted to see if I could get to 20 miles, but maybe that will have to wait until cooler weather returns. It will, won't it?

As I have extended the length of my runs, I have also added new parts to the course. The latest addition has me running downed a paved path through a pleasantly-wooded park near Devil's Millhopper. Called Felasco Park, it is a nice respite from the city traffic surrounding it. I'm looking around for anything similar to it to add to my course as well, but all I can come up with are more residential subdivisions. I guess that'll have to do. Unless, of course, I set up a completely different course elsewhere that runs through multiple parks. But I've grown accustomed to the convenience of starting and finishing my runs from my front driveway!

No comments:

Post a Comment