Friday, September 10, 2010

Voice-To-Text: Best Way?

This one I'm throwing out to my millions of adoring fans, eager no doubt to help me in my lifelong quest for more effective communication ability (it may take more than one lifetime, the way I'm going). I sometimes think that, on occasion, it would be tantalizing, if not outright provocative, if I were to simply put out an article based on me simply talking to myself about things in general (or specifically). To do that, though, I would need software/hardware that could pick up my spoken word and translate it into text for publishing. And now my question: What is the best way out there to accomplish this, optimizing the factors of quality and economy?

In other words, I want voice-to-text capability.

1 comment:

  1. Dictation (speech recognition) software is out there, aplenty. There's IBM's ViaVoice, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, and others (the links are to the Windows versions on Amazon; they both have MacOS versions as well).

    We've come a very long way with this stuff, and it's really pretty good these days. That said, no speech-reco product will give 100% accuracy, so unless you're willing to publish your missives as is, warts and all, you'll have to edit the result before you post it.

    Alternatively, you could just post audio "podcasts".

    ReplyDelete