Friday, September 17, 2010

Blog Writing Momentum

For the past few weeks, my writing on this blog has been more sketchy and sporadic. That doesn't mean that, from time to time, something won't come up that piques my interest and drives me to write something substantial. But those occurrences have diminished in frequency lately.

And I think I know why. In the past (especially in 2007-2008), I had given priority in my life to setting aside a time and place exclusively devoted to writing my blog articles. The fact that I had done this and made a daily habit of it spread to my life throughout each day, as I would be always coming up with new ideas for articles and jotting them down in my pocket notebook for later exploration. In other words, I was, in a sense, always writing.

I also need to follow J.K. Rowling's creed and write for myself. Ultimately, I am my own blog's most avid reader, anyway. It would be interesting, though, to let some others in on this blog to see their reactions.

I don't think that I have to make writing articles for my blog such a priority that it overshadows everything else going on in my life. All that really needs to be done right now is to establish a set time and place for me to focus on writing. That means when I go to Starbucks I put away the Hungarian textbook and the Dean Koontz or Sue Grafton novel and take out my trusty AlphaSmart ever-portable word processor. And pound away at the keys! Oh, and keep my notebook handy as well.

In any event, I'm ready, I believe, to reestablish some momentum with writing this blog. As usual, comments are always welcome and encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment