Yesterday I went down to my local public library to submit two suggestions for purchase. While I was there, I did what I usually do and browsed throughout the place, finally deciding to check out a couple of books.
One of them was mystery writer Sue Grafton's "F" is for Fugitive, one of her alphabetical Kinsey Millhone detective series (I think she's gotten through "T" or "U" so far). I had already read her "L" is for Lawless, "A" is for Alibi, and "B" is for Burglar, so I knew pretty much what I was in for: smoothly written, humorous writing giving the reader ample opportunity to participate in the guessing game of "whodunnit".
Grafton is really an excellent writer, as I don't always pick up a novel one day like this and finish it the next. I think I'll have to pay a quick return visit to my library and check out another "letter"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment