Saturday, May 15, 2010

NBA Down to the Best Four

Now that we have ended this year's edition of the Lebron James prima donna melodrama in the playoffs, can we now please go on and enjoy the actual four best TEAMS square off against each other? I am very impressed with all of them: the Boston Celtics, Orlando Magic, Phoenix Suns, and Los Angeles Lakers are the essence of team play. Well, maybe those Lakers, as was Cleveland's case, could be subject a little too much to the moodiness of its star player (Kobe Bryant). But LA, unlike the Cavaliers, possesses a very solid cast of players in Gasol, Odom, Artest, etc. Phoenix, Orlando, and Boston all have their own standouts, but they work so incredibly well and unselfishly that you are often taken away breathless, not by an outstanding individual's play, but rather by the meticulously timely and skillful interaction between the players, operating seamlessly as a team unit.

I will be rooting for Orlando and Phoenix to win their conference finals. My overall favorite has traditionally been the Phoenix Suns, but I'll take what I can get should they fall to the Lakers. Even if "my" teams fail and the NBA championship final is between Boston and Los Angeles, it promises to be a very interesting and entertaining series. I don't know who I would be rooting for should that scenario unfold, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment