This year, I seem to be much more sensitive than before to the regular warming of temperatures that accompanies springtime. Recently we experienced near-record highs for a couple of days, suffering through 92 degrees and high humidity. And although the temperatures have moderated in recent days, that blanket-like humidity hasn't. Plus, even though it may be only 75-80 outside, it still seems oppressively hot to me. What gives?
My unusually adverse reaction to this spring's warm weather may be due in part to the fact that, for a while, I tried to keep up my long-distance runs in conditions that were 25-30 degrees hotter than I had become accustomed to. I honestly don't see how I will be able to maintain the running mileage like before, as even at night the temperatures can be pretty stifling. All I want to do is hang out in extremely-cool, air-conditioned places, preferably with a TV remote control in one hand and a cold drink in the other. Maybe this is my body's way of telling me, "Cool it dude, you're killing me!" I think I'll heed that advice for a few days, delusional or not it may be. The only other option I see is to pack up my things and move up north. Hey, I was watching the Yankees playing in Detroit the other night and the fans sitting out there were still wearing jackets. But for how long, I wonder. Hmm, maybe it's time for me to see what wonders Baffin Island holds! Or better yet, just turn the air-conditioning up a notch, get another drink, and see what garbage is on the other channels! You know television has deteriorated when one of the channels touts its movie lineup with the slogan "Movies that don't suck"! Well, I'll take a "sucking" movie any day over this "sucking" hot weather!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment