Thursday, April 8, 2010

This Blog Now Three Years Old

In a moment of supremely shameless self-indulgence, let me heartily congratulate myself on my third anniversary of this blog. I must confess to more than a little vanity after I went back into my archives and read some of my earlier material. Pretty good stuff, for the most part. Maybe some of my opinions ring true with readers and maybe some don’t. But recognize this: everything I have written here is heartfelt and true to what I believe. So at the very least, it provides the reader with a look into the mind and feelings of a fellow traveler through life. And that’s how I want you to see it as well.

By the way, you are welcome to examine all of my archived articles, going even all of the way back to the beginning April, 2007. And then make comments appropriate to any of the articles that interest you. I will read all comments and, if they actually pertain to what I wrote and are not spam or profanity-laced, then I will publish them and probably make my own comments in reply.

Facebook and Twitter still seem to be the rage for people to communicate and network on the Internet. I have accounts with both but rarely use them. I have found this blog to suffice for me to express whatever I want to express. I let people know about its existence, but it’s up to them to read it. There is one possible, crucial drawback to following this blog: it makes the possibly unreasonable requirement that the reader possess something resembling an attention span! But you’re not like them: you made it all the way to the end. Congratulations! You should pat yourself on the back for your outstanding attention-endurance! Now all you have left to do is drop a comment! C’mon, you know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment