It looks as if a new extreme form of weather is descending on my area, with rain being the predominant feature. Yes, we are in for quite a wet spring this year. I'm all for that, as long as it doesn't interfere with my running. After all, my main concern in springs-gone-by was the danger of brush fires starting and developing into disastrous forest fires, which in turn poison the air and sometimes threaten to engulf homes and even whole communities. So having a lot of moisture in the ground should do a lot to prevent any such calamity, although I can forget about parking my car on the grass (soon to be marshy wetlands) for several weeks. Yes, being able to breath the air and not be in fear of burning up sounds like a great deal to me!
But then again, I am still not 100% confident that we're completely done with the cold weather. They SAY that it will stay temperate for at least the next few days, but what about afterwards? This has to be one of those wacky weather years that come along every now and then and mess with people. I've heard that the bigshot weather folks are predicting a monster hurricane season as well. I hope that means we won't be traveling into Greek alphabet territory again!
With this shift in weather will come a shift in our flora and fauna. Alas, my grass, weeds, and bushes will explode in growth and I'll soon have to get out in my yard and reckon with them. Also, out go the robins (northward) and in come the frogs (loud, and everywhere). Speaking of robins, I have never experienced them hanging around here for over a month, as they did this year. Usually I see them for a week at the most and then they're gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment