Friday, March 19, 2010

Congratulations to UF Men's Hoops Team

Congratulatations are in order for the University of Florida men's basketball team, which made a valiant effort in their first (and only) NCAA Tournament game against favored Brigham Young. They stayed with their opponent, even coming back from a 13-point deficit in the second half to send the game into overtime. And then a second overtime. Finally fatigue, the fouling out of their lead scorer (freshman guard Kenny Boynton with 27 points), and excellent shooting on the part of BYU culminated in the Gators' 99-92 defeat.

The Gators by all accounts had a very successful season, making it to the NCAA tourney for the first time in three years. Coach Billy Donovan was full of praise for his team in spite of their "early" exit. And hopefully the starters will stay together for next year, as none were seniors. I doubt that any would try to go professional early, but then again I didn't think that Nick Calathes would do that last year. If they stick together for another year, I see them having a great season in 2010-11.

No comments:

Post a Comment