Sunday, December 20, 2009

Xmas Season Postal OT

Being a postal worker involved in processing mail that I am, December is by far the most intense, busiest time of the year. Contract provisions governing the other eleven months regarding double overtime and other matters are waived for December due to the heavy amount of holiday mailings. This past week has been the busiest for my shift, which is for processing outgoing mail in the late afternoon and evening. I have a job sorting Priority parcels on a machine that classifies and moves them out according to destination as I, along with the rest of my team, key the correct sorting codes on keypads that directs the parcels down a conveyor belt to be dropped in the appropriate containers for later dispatch and transport.

Because I have been working considerably longer hours during this past week, I haven't had the opportunity to do other things that I would normally due. Including writing on this blog. Hence the most recent gaps in daily entries.

I had intended to set up a regular time, early in the afternoon before going to work, to write my entries out. But since that time has been co-opted by me having to report to work early every day, I'll have to wait until business has settled back down. After Christmas, that is. BAH HUMBUG!

No comments:

Post a Comment