Friday morning I got out of bed just before six to go on my daily two-mile walk around the neighborhood with my wife. I turned the TV on to the 24-hour local weather conditions and forecast. And was horrified to learn that, on that day deep into the autumn season, almost in mid-October, temperatures would climb in the afternoon to 95 degrees with 99% humidity. That would put the heat index well over 100! And the temperature at 6 AM? 77 with 99% humidity! Outside, it was if a thick invisible blanket were hanging over us. The walk was a sweaty experience, but I would have perspired profusely even had I simply sat outside on my porch for the same period of time.
Temperatures have continued to stay high, both during the day and night. It won’t be until later next week when we get any relief.
Yes, I’m quite ready for chilly weather. But the unlike with places further north, I’ll just take chilly, DRY weather, thank you. You can keep the snow and ice, wherever you might be.
And now that the moon apparently won’t be blown to smithereens after all, I can look forward to improving weather conditions later this month. And maybe some genuine, lasting FALL temperatures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment