Thursday, September 24, 2009

So It's Paul Kirk

Now that I've gone back and changed "Charles" Kirk to "Paul" Kirk in yesterday's entry, I can begin today's. I was watching Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick at the podium, about to announce his selection for interim senator to the open seat formerly held by Edward Kennedy. I had wanted Dukakis to get it, but when the governor mentioned Paul Kirk by name early in his address, I knew this was not to be. But who is Paul Kirk? Oh, just the guy standing directly behind Governor Patrick, that's all.

I wish Paul Kirk a productive interim period as Massachusetts's junior senator. With him having worked previously on Senator Kennedy's staff, I'm confident that Mr. Kirk is attuned to the late senator's priorities and will support them during his brief, but important stint there. Of course, neither Paul Kirk, Michael Dukakis, nor anyone else could truly replace Ted Kennedy.

I also congratulate Al Franken for no longer being the supremely junior senator!

No comments:

Post a Comment