Anyway, here are some pictures I took of my experience.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Devil's Millhopper Visit
This past Thursday, I drove over the two miles from my home to where Devil's Millhopper, a Geological State Park, is located. It is a huge, ancient sinkhole sporting its own special variety of plant life (as opposed to the surrounding land's flora). This is a rather modest, small park, with a $2 parking fee, a small picnic area, and visitor's office in the front. A 0.6 mile nature trail loop (which I naturally had to run) encircles the sinkhole. The bottom of the Devil's Millhopper sinkhole (117 feet deep) can be gradually reached by descending a long, twisting wooden path/stairway. Actually, the descent was quite easy; the walk back up was a killer!
Anyway, here are some pictures I took of my experience.


Anyway, here are some pictures I took of my experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment