Wednesday, May 20, 2009

NBA Conference Finals Starting

So now we are down to four teams left in the National Basketball Association playoffs: Los Angeles Lakers and Denver Nuggets in the West, and Cleveland Cavaliers and Orlando Magic in the East. Both series promise to be competitive and full of exciting action. The talent on these teams is phenomenal. Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James, and Dwight Howard are the big names highlighting each team, but they are much, much more than their leaders, with so many playing major roles in getting them this far in the playoffs. I especially respect the remarkable team effort of the Denver Nuggets, with Chauncey Billups stepping up to play a crucial role in their success. Now they are in a rematch of last year's first-round series with the Lakers, who swept the Nuggets in four games then. But Billups wasn't with Denver last year. I'm looking forward to rooting for them against Los Angeles. Unfortunately, last night they lost game one at Los Angeles to the Lakers 105-103. Kobe had one of his trademark hall-of-fame games. The Magic and Cavaliers square off for their first game tonight.

Orlando is naturally the closest NBA team to me geographically, and I am proud of how they were able to come from behind in their series with the defending champion Boston Celtics and win the seventh game on the road to get to play Cleveland, which sports the best regular season record in the league this year and has arguably the best player in basketball in Lebron.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch these games until Sunday, since I'll be at work while they're being played. I hope that the series are close and exciting. I greatly respect all four teams, but I am pulling for Orlando and Denver in this round.

No comments:

Post a Comment