Tuesday, January 13, 2009
My Running Update: 1/13
I had been hoping that I could train for longer distances and run in those types of races. On January 31, the Florida Track Club with be holding a 15-kilometer (9.3 miles) race by Newnan’s Lake. Later, in late February, I was planning to run a half-marathon in Gainesville. But I haven’t been getting out there and putting in the miles as I should have. I’m still continuing my running, but at shorter distances and not on a daily basis. But it still would be interesting to try out those two races, with just finishing them being the main goal. We’ll see. I’m obviously not in my late teens anymore, so it isn’t realistic for me to try to drive my body through harsh training as I could do back then. After all, the whole idea is for me to ultimately enjoy distance running as an enjoyable daily activity, combining exercise with leisure. The races are secondary. Here is my training log, from November 13 to the present (click on it to enlarge):