Friday, November 7, 2008

This Blog’s Outlook

If you’ve read this blog since its inception in April 2007, you may have noticed that I tend to get involved in various self-improvement projects, updates of which I put out from time to time as blog entries. Lately, I hadn’t been doing this. But it is a good device to publicly proclaim different things that I am doing to better my life. It gives me a sense of accountability that helps get me through times of discouragement and/or backsliding. So once again, I will be putting out weekly “updates” about various projects I’m engaged to make my life a little more interesting. Perhaps, if one or more of these areas overlaps interests of yours, then reading them won’t seem so tedious.

Another feature that I’m renewing is my “favorites”. And this could be any category of favorites that comes to mind, so don’t expect a pattern to this (not that one won’t eventually develop).
I’d also like to start going around town taking pictures of different Gainesville locales that are of interest. And then writing a little about them. I enjoyed doing the piece about the Solar Walk. Although Gainesville isn’t exactly known as a tourist or sightseeing city, it still has a few areas of interest.

I’ll continue the “Monday Newsbreak” feature that gives me the opportunity to pick out a few news items that attract my interest and elicit a reaction from me.

The rest of the entries will be pretty much whatever I happen to write on the spur of the moment. More often than not, when I sit down to write on this blog, I have no preconceived idea what I am going to end up writing about. And as Jack Crabb’s adoptive Cheyenne grandfather told him at the end of the highly recommended (by me) 1970 movie Little Big Man, “Sometimes the magic works; sometimes it doesn’t!”

No comments:

Post a Comment