Saturday, October 4, 2008
Interstate-75 Entrance Ramp Gripe
At Exit 390 of Interstate-75 (at NW 39th Avenue in Gainesville, Florida), the southbound entrance ramp lies alongside the southbound exit ramp. There is a big sign saying “WRONG WAY” for the benefit of anyone accidentally trying to enter I-75 South using the exit ramp. Only one problem: the warning sign is clearly visible to everyone correctly using the entrance ramp as well, creating the false impression that they are going the wrong way! You would think that they could have either placed this sign in a place that was hard to see from the entrance ramp or placed a flap on the side of the sign that would have blocked it from view (of correctly-entering drivers). I’ve seen this sort of thing in other places as well. I am used to this entrance, but other drivers aren’t. It can make for a very confusing situation for some. I for one would not relish the thought of being about to enter a freeway with traffic barreling down it at 70+ miles per hour, head-on in the wrong direction. But that’s the message this foolish sign placement conveys! I would have thought that simple common sense would have dictated that you don’t put a “wrong way” sign in a place where people going the “right way” can see it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment